Issue No. 103March 2021
“Datto” Business Continuity – What is it?
What does continuity mean for your business?
Imagine you are a biotech firm that can’t produce daily specimens because your servers are down due to a malicious virus attack. How long could your business be down before it starts to hurt the bottom-line? Imagine you are a law firm that needs specific case files for an upcoming trial, but whose files were recently “locked up” by Ransomware. Imagine you are a manufacturing business that needs to process hundreds of transactions a day, but your site was damaged by an electrical outage, and you can’t process and record transactions. How will you continue with business? What will you do?
Now imagine getting it all back in only a few hours. Being able to “turn back the clock” an hour before the ransomware event happened, and your employees continue working.
It’s no longer a matter of “if,” but “when” a real world threat will compromise your business data. Between viruses, user error (clicking on the wrong link), and ransomware like “cryptolocker”, these threats are becoming ever-present.
Business Continuity made for your business:
No matter how complex your IT environment may be, business continuity should be simple, fast, and reliable. It should work when you need it to – in an instant’s notice – locally in your office or from an off-site location. It should prove itself day in and day out on your schedule.
Datto Continuity is a robust, all-in-one business continuity solution that brings together state of the art hardware with a secure cloud storage capability. The result is a comprehensive backup, recovery, and business continuity solution that gets your business up and running instantly in the event you can’t access your data or systems.
With Datto SIRIS you get Total Data Protection:
SIRIS, the flagship of Datto Continuity, combines the most important elements of data protection into a single fully integrated package: reliable backups and verification, restoration from any snapshot, and the ability to virtualize from a local appliance or from the Datto Cloud for business continuity.
Ransomware Detection & Recovery
- Backups are stored in a secure location and scanned to ensure no ransomware is present. If you fall victim to ransomware, you can simply ‘turn back the clock’ to a snapshot before the attack happened.
Recover Critical Data Quickly
- SIRIS’ breadth of restore options are designed to get you back to business faster by taking out the guesswork. Should you experience a server failure, the SIRIS can have your environment and data recreated in minutes from the local device or the Datto Cloud.
Confidence in Your Backups
- SIRIS scans every backup to make sure it is intact, free from ransomware, and will result in a successfully recovery when you need it. Visual proof in the form of a screenshot and backup verification gives you peace of mind that your data has been successfully backed up.
Compare Backup Points
- Now you never need to guess when data was deleted, added, or modified. You can know what changed and when – in a matter of minutes.
Leverage Award Winning Core Technologies
- Easily protect your IT infrastructure without the need for multiple tools. Backup your data, including your operating systems and applications from Windows or Linux, and files and folders from your Mac automatically to a local device with copies in the secure cloud storage environment.