Technical Operations Manager
The purpose of the Technical Operations Manager is to oversee and manage the Support Desk, client projects, and the engineering team. Supporting and coordinating the engineering team by providing assistance with scheduling, project management, and ticket follow-through.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Support Board
- Work with Support Desk Supervisor for escalated tickets and client issues and ensure the Support Desk Team is working efficiently.
- Review and send out Ticket Management to Systems Engineer Team 1X/Week and ensure Support Desk Supervisor is reviewing ticket management for the Support Desk Team.
Supporting, coordinating, and assisting Engineer Team
- Providing engineers with assistance to scheduling, providing other resources as needed, communicating with clients on behalf of engineers when needed.
- Assist with technical support when needed. This may require after normal business hours, and/or during business hours if other engineering staff is unavailable.
- Scheduling and ensuring backup checks are completed on a weekly basis.
- Reviewing project throughout project time to ensure that engineers are not over budgeted hours, all tasks are completed, and project closes within expected time.
- Communicating with client regarding project steps, schedules, etc.
- Scheduling engineers and resources to projects as needed.
New Client Setup
- Ensuring that technical side of new client setup is complete: documentation, PSS schedule for PSA and PSS clients, etc.
- Work closely with the CEO on updating and creating company processes and procedures.
- Work closely with the Director of Bus. Development on account management.
- Manage and run weekly company meetings and ensure agenda is updated.
- Review and track KPI’s of Engineering Team and Support Desk Team, as well as projects.
- Experience managing five or more engineers
- Three or more years managing engineers
- Work or have worked in the SMB market
- Work or have worked in the MSP market, or have direct experience with MSPs
- Able to think on the fly, adapt and overcome, and good w/conflict resolution
- Able to hire good people and sense a good fit w/our culture
- Hand-on position. Experience with Windows servers, networking, firewalls, switches, VoIP, backup solutions, virtualization, cloud products, etc.
- Able to be technical resource to engineering staff as well as help out occasionally.
- Most responsibilities and tasks are expected to be performed within the KTS Office. Working from a location other than the KTS Office or a Client is permitted on occasion.
- Work may require travel to clients at different locations other than the KTS Office, but mostly within San Diego County.
- Work may require business meetings at different locations other than the KTS Office.
- Work could vary from 40 – 50 hours per week and may require hours outside the normal 8am – 5pm business hours
- Weekend Support: minimum of 1 weekend day per month volunteered is required
- After hour emergency support: minimum of 1 week per 2 months volunteered required
The Technical Operations Manager may be required to work long days with short lunches, and few breaks depending on the work load. He/She is responsible for overseeing the engineering staff, and support board and to ensure that there are no issues with client’s support needs/tickets. This may require him/her to work long periods of time to see that’s tasks and/or projects are completed.
- Systems Engineer
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Support Desk Supervisor
To Apply for the Technical Operations Manager Position please email your resume to email@example.com