Kazmarek Technology Solutions is looking for an IT Systems Engineer to join our growing team. This is a fast-paced environment requiring multi-tasking as you work on tickets and tend to our client’s needs. Our Systems Engineers work in conjunction with our Support Desk Department to handle ticket escalations, work on projects and travel onsite to client sites. Requires some travel locally to troubleshoot and maintain computer networks based mostly on Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server platform with Active Directory for small and medium sized businesses in and around San Diego County.
- Strong computer hardware, software & networking skills (Primarily Windows environments)
- Has a passion for computers and technology
- Has a desire to help others
- Is comfortable meeting and speaking with new people
- Excellent listening skills to understand client IT problems and requests
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving for hardware and software issues
- Resourceful for finding solutions independently for new/unknown issues or only needs minimal assistance to find a resolution
- Can follow instructions
- High attention to detail
- Works well with others and likes to have fun
- Available Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Willing and able to work some evenings and weekends
- Provide remote and onsite IT technical support to client end users with the highest quality in customer service.
- Create and process customer service requests to resolve client issues in a timely fashion.
- Perform onsite technical support and system installation at client sites as needed.
- Utilize research tools for reviewing client documentation as needed in support activities.
- Maintain knowledgebase to ensure accurate articles for efficient client troubleshooting.
- Thoroughly document all client support services on support tickets with items such as specific steps taken to resolve issues for example updating drivers – document current version, latest version installed and where driver was obtained from.
- Complete technical support projects and tasks as assigned by manager.
- Perform timely follow up activities with clients by email or phone to verify success of support activities when client was unavailable for review at the time of service, for example after hour service.
- Attend company meetings as required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Systems/Network Engineer and troubleshooting Windows Server based environments
- A plus but not mandatory – Two or more years experience working for a Managed Services Provider and/or working for an IT consulting firm
- Experience with Support Desk Ticketing systems (AutoTask, ConnectWise, Kayako, Remedy, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills to be able to efficiently work client troubles to resolution using your knowledge, experience, system documentation, vendor support and online resources.
- Technology – Windows Servers, Active Directory + Group Policy administration, Virtualization Technology (VMWare, Hyper-V), DHCP, DNS, FTP, VPN, TCP/IP, Remote Desktop, Terminal Services, SonicWALL (or other firewall experience), wireless network management, network switch management, scripting experience, Office365, Google Apps, domain management, MS Office Suite, network topology, network printers, scanners, hardware and software installation, OS installation, Mac experience a plus
- Must have reliable transportation.
To Apply for the Systems Engineer Position please email your resume to [email protected]