Working in conjunction with our Support Desk team, System Engineers handle ticket escalations, project implementation, and onsite visits to client locations in and around San Diego County. System Engineers design, support, and update solutions based mostly on Windows Server 2016/2019/2022, as well as Microsoft 365 and Azure/Active Directory.
- Strong computer hardware, software & networking skills (Primarily Windows environments)
- Has a passion for computers and technology and a desire to help others
- Is comfortable meeting and speaking with new people
- Excellent listening skills to understand client IT problems and requests
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent listening skills to understand client computer problems
- Excellent time management and organization skills, works well under pressure
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving for hardware, software, and network issues on
- Resourceful; find solutions independently for new/unknown issues or only needs minimal assistance to find a resolution
- High attention to detail, works well with others, and can follow instructions, SOPs, etc.
- Available Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Willing and able to work some evenings and weekends
- Full IT & Relationship management for assigned clients
- Provide remote and onsite IT technical support to client end users with the highest quality in customer service
- Create and process customer service requests to resolve client issues in a timely fashion
- Perform onsite technical support and system installation at client sites as needed
- Utilize research tools for reviewing client documentation as needed in support activities
- Maintain knowledgebase to ensure accurate articles for efficient client troubleshooting
- Thoroughly document all client support services and troubleshooting on support tickets with items such as specific steps taken to resolve & troubleshoot issues
- Complete technical support projects and tasks as assigned by manager
- Perform timely follow up activities with clients by email or phone to verify success of support activities when client was unavailable for review at the time of service, service performed outside of business hours
- Attend company meetings as required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Systems/Network Engineer and troubleshooting Windows Server based environments
- A plus but not mandatory – Two or more years experience working for a Managed Service Provider and/or working for an IT consulting firm
- Experience with Support Desk Ticketing systems (AutoTask, ConnectWise, Kaseya, Remedy, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills to be able to efficiently work client troubles to resolution using your knowledge, experience, system documentation, vendor support and online resources
- Proficiency in SaaS based applications like Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud
- Technology – Windows Servers, Active Directory + Group Policy administration, Virtualization Technology (VMWare, Hyper-V), DHCP, DNS, FTP, VPN, TCP/IP, Remote Desktop, Terminal Services, SonicWALL (or other firewall experience), wireless network management, network switch management, scripting experience, Microsoft365, Google Apps, domain management, MS Office Suite, network topology, network printers, scanners, hardware and software installation, OS installation, Mac experience a plus
- Must have reliable transportation.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Meet SLA response times
- 80% of work hours to be billable time
- Complete 80% of tickets independently
- Ontime submission of time entries and time sheets
- KTS Location is in Sorrento Valley. Systems Engineer will have the option of working from the KTS Office or Home Office when not scheduled at client locations.
- Work will require travel to clients at different locations other than the KTS Office, but mostly within San Diego County.
- Work may require business meetings at different locations other than the KTS Office.
- Business Hours 8:00am – 5:00pm (Monday through Friday)
- 40 hours per week
- $75K – 95K/year based on experience
- Medical: KTS pays 50% of Employee’s premium
- Dental: KTS pays 50% of Employee’s premium
- Long Term Disability: KTS pays 100% of Employee’s premium
- Simple IRA: KTS matches up to 3% of Employee’s base salary
To Apply for the Systems Engineer Position please email your resume to [email protected]