Support Desk Specialist
Kazmarek Technology Solutions is looking for a Support Desk Specialist to join our growing team. This is a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking as you work on and respond to incoming and existing tickets. Technicians receive customer service requests via phone, e-mail, or our ticket portal to perform remote technical support for customers’ IT networks, servers, and desktop & laptop systems. Technician is responsible to attempt resolution of any ticket and escalate tickets they are not able to complete themselves, or contact vendors for support to complete tickets as necessary. Technician will also contribute to our knowledgebase to maintain customer documentation and troubleshooting steps. Technician will also be required to further education through reading, research activities, and certifications.
- Strong computer hardware, software & networking skills (Primarily Windows environments)
- Has a passion for computers and technology, and a desire to help others
- Is comfortable meeting and speaking to new people
- Excellent listening skills to understand client IT problems
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Resourceful for finding solutions independently for new/unknown issues or only needs minimal assistance to find a resolution
- Has a high attention to detail, works well with others, and can follow instructions, SOPs, etc.
- Available Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Willing and able to work some evening and weekends
- Provide remote and onsite IT technical support to client end users with the highest quality in customer service
- Create and process all customer service requests to resolve client issues in a timely fashion
- Perform onsite technical support and system installation at client sites as needed
- Utilize research tools for reviewing client documentation as needed in support activities
- Maintain knowledgebase to ensure accurate articles for efficient client troubleshooting
- Thoroughly document all client support services on support tickets with items such as specific steps taken to resolve issues for example updating drivers – document current version, new version installed and where driver was obtained from
- Complete technical support projects and tasks as assigned by manager
- Perform timely follow up activities with clients by email or phone to verify success of support activities when client was unavailable for review at the time of service, for example after hour service
- Attend company meetings as required
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience working for a Managed Services Provider and/or working for an IT consulting firm
- Experience with Support Desk Ticketing systems (AutoTask, ConnectWise, Kayako, Remedy, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills to be able to efficiently work client troubles to resolution using your knowledge, experience, system documentation, vendor support and online resources
- Technology – Windows Servers, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, FTP, VPN, TCP/IP, Remote Desktop, Terminal Services, SonicWALL, Office365, Google Apps, Domain Management, MS Office Suite, network topology, network printers, scanners, hardware and software installation, OS installation
Customer service and professionalism is a must! Looking for: attention to detail, quick learner, strong communications skills, likable personality, team player, and the ability to communicate with clients in non-technical terms. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a leading technology firm, and have some fun on the way.
Kazmarek Technology Solutions (KTS) is a San Diego based MSP/Systems Integration firm that excels in technology and business solutions without losing sight of customer service and proper business ethics. The KTS team is dedicated to keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and offers the best solutions for small and mid-sized businesses that are looking to maximize efficiencies within their on-prem and cloud infrastructure environments.
To Apply for the Support Desk Specialist Position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.