Support Desk Specialist – Tier II
Kazmarek Technology Solutions is seeking a Support Desk Specialist – Tier II to add to our growing team–helping to build, maintain, and troubleshoot our clients’ infrastructure. Successful candidates must be equipped to work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment. This role will be primarily in house, working with our Support Desk and Engineering teams to troubleshoot and remediate inbound client trouble tickets.
This individual will serve as part of a talented team of engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency. Qualified Support Desk Specialist – Tier II applicants will have a strong background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to manage and monitor customer systems and infrastructure
- Oversight of infrastructure including installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Ability to foresee potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility
- Continual maintenance of security, including backup and redundancy strategies, security best-practice implementations, and an understanding of InfoSec principles
- Desire to work alongside our team to help design information and operational support systems
- Consistently and successfully provide 2nd level support
- Excellence in communication as a liaison with vendors, clients, and other IT personnel to resolve issues
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience working in a technical role
- Experience working with ticketing systems (Autotask, ConnectWise, Jira, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 skills
- Strong Exchange 2013/2016/M365 Experience
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and understanding of IP routing
- Versed in Disk/Image level backups, cloud/offsite backup solutions and strategies
- Experience configuring and maintaining firewalls (Cisco, SonicWALL, Watchguard etc.)
- Evidence of experience with virtualization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual Box)
- Proven ability to successfully and efficiently monitor systems
- Strong networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, switching, routing, etc.)
Expectations & Schedule
This position is Monday through Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm; with some weekend support shifts.
Customer service and professionalism is a must! Strong candidates will demonstrate: attention to detail, strong communications skills, ability to quickly grasp concepts and execute on them, likable personality, dedication to company goals, and the ability to communicate with clients in non-technical terms. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a leading technology firm, and have some fun along the way.
To Apply for the Support Desk Specialist – Tier II Position please email your resume to [email protected]
Kazmarek Technology Solutions (KTS) is a San Diego based MSP/Systems Integration firm that excels in providing technology and business solutions without losing sight of customer service and business ethics. The KTS team is dedicated to keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and offers the best solutions for small and mid-sized businesses that are looking to maximize efficiencies within their on-premises, SaaS based, and cloud hosted environments.