Support Desk Specialist
KTS is currently seeking a Support Desk Specialist to join our team in our fast growing company. He/she must be equipped and able to work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment. This position requires multi-tasking as you work on multiple tickets through-out the day, and receiving/responding to incoming tickets through out our CRM Autotask. The Support Desk Team receives customer service requests via phone or email (which are recorded as tickets within our CRM) to perform remote technical support for our customers’ IT networks, server(s), desktop(s) & laptop(s) systems. Support Desk Specialist are responsible to attempt resolution of any ticket and escalate tickets they are in-able to complete themselves or contact vendors for support to complete ticket(s) as necessary. Support Desk Specialist also contribute to our teams knowledgebase to maintain customer documentation and troubleshooting steps. Support Desk Specialists are also be required to further education through reading, research activities and certifications.
- Strong computer hardware, software & networking skills (Primarily Windows environments)
- Has a passion for computers and technology
- Has a desire to help others
- Is comfortable meeting and speaking to new people
- Excellent listening skills to understand client computer problems
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving for hardware and software issues
- Resourceful for finding solutions independently for new/unknown issues or only needs minimal assistance to find a resolution
- Can follow instructions
- High attention to detail
- Works well with others
- Available Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Willing and able to work some evening and weekends
- Provide remote and onsite IT technical support to client end users with the highest quality in customer service
- Create and process all customer service requests to resolve client issues in a timely fashion
- Perform onsite technical support and system installation at client sites as needed.
- Utilize research tools for reviewing client documentation as needed in support activities.
- Maintain knowledgebase to ensure accurate articles for efficient client troubleshooting.
- Thoroughly document all client support services on support tickets with items such as specific steps taken to resolve issues for example updating drivers – document current version, new version installed and where driver was obtained from
- Complete technical support projects and tasks as assigned by manager.
- Perform timely follow up activities with clients by email or phone to verify success of support activities when client was unavailable for review at the time of service, for example after hour service.
- Attend company meetings as required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience working for a Managed Services Provider and/or working for an IT consulting firm.
- Experience with Support Desk Ticketing systems (AutoTask, ConnectWise, Kayako, Remedy, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills to be able to efficiently work client troubles to resolution using your knowledge, experience, system documentation, vendor support and online resources.
- Technology – Windows Servers, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, FTP, VPN, TCP/IP, Remote Desktop, Terminal Services, Sonicwall, Office365, Google Apps, Domain Management, MS Office Suite, network topology, network printers, scanners, hardware and software installation, OS installation
Customer service and professionalism is a must! Looking for: attention to detail, quick learner, strong communications skills, likable personality, team player, and the ability to communicate with clients in non-technical terms. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a leading technology firm, and have some fun on the way.
Kazmarek Technology Solutions (KTS) is a San Diego based MSP/Systems Integration firm that excels in technology and business solutions without losing sight of customer service and proper business ethics. The KTS team is dedicated to keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and offers the best solutions for small and mid-sized businesses that are looking to maximize efficiencies within their on-prem and cloud infrastructure environments.
To Apply for the Support Desk Specialist Position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.