The purpose of the Operations Manager is to oversee and manage the Support Desk and Systems Engineering Departments. This will include overseeing the Support Desk queues, tickets and the Support Desk team. Prioritizing and escalating tickets as they come in to confirm client tickets are being responded to within a reasonable amount of time and finding new ideas to improve the both the Systems Engineering and Support Desk Departments. Responsibilities will also include overseeing and managing the Systems Engineering team. Supporting and coordinating the engineering team by assisting with scheduling, project management, and ticket follow-through.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Support Board
- Ensure lingering tickets are being reviewed and closed in a timely manner.
- Schedule appropriate engineers to assist with tickets.
- Review client responses and update tickets as needed.
Manage, supporting, coordinating and assisting Systems Engineering Team
- Providing engineers with assistance to scheduling, providing other resources as needed, communicating with clients on behalf of engineers when needed.
- Customer Service and Professionalism is a must!
- Troubleshoot and maintain computer networks based mostly on Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server Platform with Active Directory for small and medium sized businesses in and around San Diego County
- Assist with technical support when needed. This may require after normal business hours, and/or during business hours if other engineering staff is unavailable
- Prioritizing tickets as they come in on the support queue to confirm that they do not linger and are responded to within our documented SLA.
- Escalate urgent tickets if resources are needed, and/or escalating tickets to management if and when needed.
- Scheduling and ensuring backup checks are completed on a weekly basis.
- Reviewing project throughout project time to ensure that engineers are not over budgeted hours, all tasks are completed, and project closes within expected time.
- Communicating with client regarding project steps, schedules, etc.
- Scheduling engineers and resources to projects as needed.
New Client Setup
- Ensuring that technical side of new client setup is complete: documentation, PSS (monthly maintenance of servers) schedule for PSA and PSS clients, etc.
- Manage scheduling of monthly PSS tickets for all PSA and PSS clients and ensuring the tickets are completed.
- Manage hiring process for Support Desk and Systems Engineering Department.
- Training and supporting new hires within the Support Desk and Systems Engineering Teams.
- Making sure the KTS New Hire Setup is complete before new employees start.
- Manage team’s annual reviews.
- Work closely with the CEO on updating and creating company processes and procedures.
- Work closely with the Director of Bus. Development on account management.
- Manage and run weekly company meetings and ensure agenda is updated.
- Review and track KPI’s of Engineering Team and Support Desk Team, as well as projects.
- Experience managing five or more engineers
- Three or more years managing engineers
- Work or have worked in the SMB market
- Work or have worked in the MSP market, or have direct experience with MSPs
- Able to think on the fly, adapt and overcome, and good w/conflict resolution
- Able to hire good people and sense a good fit w/our culture
- Hands-on position. Experience with Windows servers, networking, firewalls, switches, VoIP, backup solutions, virtualization, cloud products, etc.
- Able to be technical resource to engineering staff as well as help occasionally.
- MS Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 – Understanding of Windows Active Directory
- Adding PCs to a Domain
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and understanding of IP routing
- Disk/Image based/Cloud Backup solutions
- AntiVirus applications and spyware removal
- Network printer set up and configuration
- Exchange 2013/2016/2019
- Terminal Services (RDP)
- Wireless routers/APs
- Mobile phones (iPhones, DROIDs)
- Maintain customer records, service tickets and product information within CRM system
- Most responsibilities and tasks are expected to be performed within the KTS Office. Working from a location other than the KTS Office or a Client is permitted on occasion.
- Work may require travel to clients at different locations other than the KTS Office, but mostly within San Diego County.
- Work may require business meetings at different locations other than the KTS Office.
- Work could vary from 40 – 45 hours per week and may require hours outside the normal 8am – 5pm business hours
- Weekend Support: minimum of 1 weekend day per month volunteered is required
- After hour emergency support: minimum of 1 week per 2 months volunteered required
The Technical Operations Manager may be required to work long days with short lunches, and few breaks depending on the work load. He/She is responsible for overseeing the engineering staff, and support board and to ensure that there are no issues with client’s support needs/tickets. This may require him/her to work long periods of time to see that’s tasks and/or projects are completed.
To Apply for the Operations Manager Position please email your resume to email@example.com