The purpose of the Office Manager is to oversee and manage the internal accounting, office supplies, and schedules of the engineering staff in a fast paced business. Providing great customer service to our growing business and understanding our culture is very important. Paying attention to detail, having follow through on tasks, and able to multitask are all required in order to succeed. The Office Manager reports directly to the CEO.
Duties and responsibilities
Company Accounting (Quickbooks)
- Manage the accounts receivable and payables
- Create and deliver deposits on a weekly basis to Chase Bank (Sorrento Mesa Location)
- Monthly accounting closeout – set and review budgets
- Ensure company books are up to date and correct
- Manage Vendor accounts and contacts
- Manage Employee Expenses and Reimbursements
- Prepare and pay company taxes: Sales and use, business tax, property tax, etc.
- Work closely with company’s accountant for previous year’s Federal and State tax preparation and payment
- Manage company’s record keeping; general book keeping
- Manage and submit payroll when due
- Manage commissions and payouts
- Manage Employees’ Paid Time Off
- Assist CEO with hiring and terminations
- Keep Employee Records up to date and compliant
- Manage company benefits (Medical, Dental, Simple IRA, and LTD)
- Review and approve Engineer’s time sheets
- Invoice Time and Material clients on a weekly basis
- Invoice Products on a weekly basis
- Invoice Agreements and Projects as needed
- Manage Autopay clients and pre-paid accounts
Customer Service/New Client Setup
- Answer phones, create tickets, communication with clients
- Ensuring that Admin side of new client setup is complete: Signed Agreements, Setup in Company System, etc.
Supporting, coordinating, and assisting Engineer Team
- Manage Schedules, Weekend/ After-hours support schedules, and Update calendars
- Providing engineers with assistance to scheduling, client communication, ticket updates, etc.
- Update tickets with details, status updates, and schedules as needed. Provide detail for others looking into ticket to know what each ticket is regarding.
Misc. Job Duties
- Keep office supplies stocked, ensure the team has what they need to succeed
- Manage client key checkout
- Manage company’s referral program and payout
- Manage delinquent client accounts
- Manage and lead company’s weekly meetings
- Manage company’s monthly newsletter
- Arrange company gatherings/Holiday Party
- Schedule, create and send y
- early holiday cards
- Assist with website updates
- High school diploma, with AA degree strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient in Quickbooks 2014 and up: A/R, A/P, Invoicing, Budgets, Custom Reports, General Journals, item setup, software integration, etc.
- Experience in IT services industry preferred; small/midsize company experience preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office 2013 and up: Strong computer skills Required; Type above 50 wpm
- Proficiency in use of databases, particularly in data entry, data extraction, report creation and customization.
- Great Customer Service Skills, Customer Service experience Required
- Three or more years’ experience in Office Management Required
- Payroll experience required; Paychex experience a plus
- Fast learner of new computer software: connectwise, quotewerks, and sharepoint are key software used by KTS
- Most responsibilities and tasks are expected to be performed within the KTS Office. Working from a location other than the KTS Office or a Client is permitted on occasion.
- Work may require travel to clients at different locations other than the KTS Office on a rare basis, but mostly within San Diego County.
- Work may require business meetings at different locations other than the KTS Office.
Hours: Business Hours 7:30am – 4:30pm
- Work could vary from 40 – 45 hours per week and may require hours outside the normal scheduled hours
To Apply for the Office Manager Position please email your resume to email@example.com