Issue No. 46May 2016
How to Series: How do I Schedule a Skype for Business meeting using Microsoft Outlook?
To schedule a Skype meeting, you first need a sign-in address and password from your organization. Once you have this, then:
1. Open Outlook, and go to your calendar.
2. On the Home tab ribbon, in the Skype Meeting section, click New Skype Meeting.
3. Set up the meeting as you typically would:
- In the To box, type the email address of each person you’re inviting, separated by semicolons.
- In the Subject box, type a name for the meeting.
- If you’ll have in-person attendees, either click Room Finder, in the Options section of the Meeting tab, and then find a room or, in the Location box, type a meeting location, such as a conference room.
- Select a start time and end time.
Notes: To look for a time that works for everyone, click Scheduling Assistant, in the Show section of the Meeting tab ribbon.
4. In the meeting area, type an agenda. Be careful not to change any of the Skype meeting information.
Important: Scheduling a meeting with the default options, like we just did, is suitable for small, internal meetings, such as casual meetings with a few coworkers. If you have a meeting with people outside your company, or you’re scheduling a large event, change the meeting options before sending the invites to better fit your meeting requirements. In the meeting request, on the Skype Meeting section of the Meeting ribbon, click Meeting Options, and then select the appropriate options.
5. (Optional) In the Show section of the Meeting ribbon, click Scheduling Assistant to make sure you have the best time for the meeting.
6. You’re almost done. Just double-check the information and click Send.
For other questions regarding Skype for Business or other programs available in Microsoft Office 365, please Contact Us!