Issue No. 47June 2016
New Reporting Features in Microsoft Office 365
The reporting dashboard and usage reports make it easy for you to monitor your service and identify issues and opportunities, such as the need for user training. It also gives you metrics to use in reporting to management on your Office 365 investment. With the new reports added by Microsoft to Office 365, the reporting portal now provides you with a complete picture across all main Office 365 services.
- Activity dashboard (also called reporting dashboard) -Provides you with a high-level overview of how many people in your organization are using Office 365. Each service in the suite, such as Skype for Business and Exchange, has its own tile that surfaces key activity data, making it easy for you to get a quick understanding of the activity within that service. To view detailed information by service or by individual user, simply click the specific tile or use the drop-down menu at the top of the reporting dashboard.
- Email activity report – Enables you to understand email usage, such as send, receive and read activity. It also enables you to monitor trends in email traffic, and can be especially helpful in scenarios such as user migration.
- Office activations report – Shows which users who have been assigned an Office 365 license have signed into Office 365 on at least one device, including a breakdown by device type. This report helps you identify users who have been assigned a license but have not yet activated it, so you can provide assistance as necessary.
- SharePoint site usage report – Provides you with storage consumption details across all your SharePoint sites.The report helps you see activity across sites, how much storage is available per site and how the sites are being used for file storage.
- OneDrive for Business usage report – This report helps you understand storage and sharing activity across OneDrive for Business, including number and size of files stored, in aggregate and per user.
- Skype for Business report – Shows Skype for Business usage, with details such as minutes spent in a Skype Meeting and with breakouts on peer-to-peer activity such as IMs and calls, meetings organized and meeting participation.
- Yammer report – Provides details on Yammer engagement-breaking out Like, Read and Post activities.
Details you can act on
All reports provide you with both aggregate and user-level information, so you can effectively plan training and communication that helps your users to take full advantage of the potential of Office 365. For example, some of the preview customers shared the feedback that the Skype for Business usage reports helped them to increase the awareness of the Skype for Business capabilities among certain teams and, as a result, reduce the amount of travel needed.
All reports also provide information for different time frames: 7 days, 30 days, 90 days and 180 days. You can export all reports into CSV format and open them with a tool like Excel to quickly filter or pivot the data for further analysis.
For more information on how your organization can best utilize Microsoft Office 365, please Contact Us!