Field Support Specialist
($50k – 65k/Year depending on experience)
Kazmarek Technology Solutions is looking to hire a Field Support Specialist to join our growing team. This is a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking as you perform field support for our clients and assist the engineering team with a wide range of projects. This position will also assist the in-house support desk depending on KTS’s scheduling needs. Technicians receive customer service requests via phone, e-mail, or our ticket portal to perform technical support for customers’ IT networks, servers, and desktop & laptop systems. Technician is responsible for updating network diagrams and client documentation to reflect any changes/updates while in the field or working remotely on clients’ networks and equipment.
- Strong computer hardware and software skills (computer and software setup for clients)
- Has a passion for computers and technology, and a desire to help others
- Is comfortable meeting and speaking to new people
- Excellent listening skills to understand client IT problems
- Excellent time management and organization skills, works well under pressure
- Has a high attention to detail, works well with others, and can follow instructions, SOPs, etc.
- Available Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Willing and able to work some evenings and weekends
- Provide onsite and occasional remote IT technical support to client end users with the highest quality in customer service
- Assist Systems Engineering Team with projects and onsite service
- Perform onsite technical support and system installation at client sites as needed
- Utilize research tools for reviewing client documentation as needed in support activities
- Maintain knowledgebase to ensure accurate articles for efficient client troubleshooting
- Thoroughly document all client support services and troubleshooting on support tickets with items such as specific steps taken to resolve & troubleshoot issues
- Complete technical support projects and tasks as assigned
- Perform timely follow up activities with clients by email or phone to verify success of support activities when client was unavailable for review at the time of service, for example after hour service
- Attend company meetings as required
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 2-4 years IT Experience: Managing workstation setup, basic software installations and computer networks
- Ticketing systems experience (Preferred, not required) (AutoTask, ConnectWise, Kayako, Remedy, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills to be able to efficiently work client issues to resolution using your knowledge, experience, system documentation, vendor support, and online resources
- Technology – Windows 10, DHCP, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, Remote Desktop, MS Office Suite, network topology, network printers, scanners, hardware and software installation, OS installation
Customer service and professionalism is a must! Looking for: attention to detail, quick learner, strong communications skills, likable personality, team player, and the ability to communicate with clients in non-technical terms. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a leading technology firm, and have some fun on the way.
Kazmarek Technology Solutions (KTS) is a San Diego based MSP/Systems Integration firm that excels in technology and business solutions without losing sight of customer service and proper business ethics. The KTS team is dedicated to keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and offers the best solutions for small and mid-sized businesses that are looking to maximize efficiencies within their on-prem and cloud infrastructure environments.
To Apply for the Support Desk Specialist Position please email your resume to [email protected].