SharePoint Services is a versatile technology included with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 that enables organizations of all sizes to increase the efficiency of business processes and improve team productivity. With tools for collaboration that help people stay connected across organizational and geographic boundaries, Windows SharePoint Services gives people access to documents and information they need.
Chief among the advantages of Windows SharePoint Services:
- Provides a single workspace for teams to coordinate schedules, organize documents, and participate in discussions—within the organization and over the extranet.
- Easily author and manage documents. SharePoint Services helps to ensure document integrity with the option to require document checkout before editing, provides the ability to view past revisions and restore to previous versions, and has the ability to set document-specific security.
- Helps people and teams stay on task with a variety of communication features that let users know when actions are required or important changes are made to existing information or documentation, including announcements, sophisticated alerts, surveys, and discussion boards.
- Provides creative forums for brainstorming ideas, building knowledge bases, or simply gathering information in an easy-to-edit format with new templates for implementing blogs and wikis (Web sites that can be quickly and easily edited by team members).
- Increases productivity while mobile with enhanced support for synchronization; using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to manage document libraries, lists, calendars, contacts, tasks, and discussion board—even offline.
Built on Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Windows SharePoint Services also provides a foundation platform for building Web-based business applications that can flex and scale easily to meet the changing and growing needs of your business. With a familiar, Web-based interface and close integration with everyday tools including the Microsoft Office system, Windows SharePoint Services is easy to use and can be deployed rapidly. Users can create workspaces and then publish, store, share, and keep track of information, workflow, and documents.
Windows SharePoint Services helps teams stay connected and productive by providing easy access to the people, documents, and information they need to make more informed decisions and get the job done. Enhancements in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 make it easier than ever to share documents, track tasks, use e-mail efficiently and effectively, and share ideas and information.
Contact KTS today for additional details on how your business can benefit from Windows SharePoint Services!
See the rest of our latest newsletter here.